Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is the business response to the sustainable development challenge and the way in which it manages its processes to produce an overall positive impact on its employees and their families as well as that of the local community and society at large. Our business is people and property. As people in the property business, we strive to be trusted business partners and by being responsible, we help to create that trust.
Partnership underpins our firm and our values. We believe that the successful long-term future of our business can only be achieved by working collaboratively with our stakeholders and in their interests: clients – whether they are building occupiers, developers or investors – employees, suppliers, NGOs, the media, Government and the wider community.
We understand that our business activities impact on the environment, society, and economy directly and indirectly.
KAL is committed to managing CSR as an employer, prospective employer and professional service provider to its clients. Under this policy, we will adopt operating principles which will provide guidance on:
- Environmental Sustainability
- Social & Community Objectives
- Ethical Issues
- Our People Commitment and Business Relationships
We recognize our responsibility to our clients and the communities within which we operate both present and future. We are committed to helping secure a better, more sustainable future for all through the advice that we provide and the example that we set. Our direction:
- We will work with our clients to pursue, promote and develop sustainable business outcomes.
- We will set a strategy and reporting procedures that will ensure continual improvement of our sustainability performance.
- We will ensure that our staff are involved in the implementation of this policy and have a comprehensive understanding of sustainability and climate change and how this affects the property.
- We will be an advocate for sustainability in the wider business community by actively engaging with our suppliers and business partners to develop the values and approaches that will help to deliver a more sustainable society.
Social & Community Objectives (‘Giving Something Back’)
We are committed to the communities in which we live and work. We understand the impacts we create on the local community in the everyday running of our business. Our direction:
- We will continue to encourage those employees who like to involve themselves in public and charitable service.
- We will continue to give our time and expertise for free to local community groups and voluntary organizations.
- We will aim to build long-term relationships with our suppliers and support small and local businesses.
- In our charitable giving, we aim to work together with charities and create a partnership that is in tune with our business values.
KAL is committed to achieving and maintaining the highest standards of ethical conduct and institutional integrity. Our firm seeks to comply with all laws and regulations, accounting standards, and ethical guidelines. We abide by a set of global values and our foremost standards of conduct are integrity and respect, collaboration and trust. Our direction:
- A Code of business conduct whereby our employees are expected to follow a high standard of behaviour at all times, both professionally and personally.
- Employees are encouraged to report any concerns they may have about unethical, dishonest, unsafe or inappropriate behaviour in the workplace.
- A zero tolerance approach to harassment or unwanted behaviour or conduct that a recipient finds intimidating, upsetting, embarrassing, humiliating or offensive, or that violates a person’s dignity. We actively promote a culture in which harassment is known to be unacceptable and where employees are confident they may make a complaint without fear of ridicule or reprisal.
In our relationships with clients, with each other, with suppliers and business partners, integrity is our foremost standard of conduct; we strive to treat all stakeholders with respect and dignity. We strive to find solutions by looking at the issues together. Our direction:
- People are the foundation of our business and we encourage lifelong learning throughout the firm. We extend this ethos to our relationships with clients and will continue to do so.
- We will respect our people and encourage their development and training.
- We aim to be a firm that is fully supportive of a diverse workforce including both gender and ethnicity. We will continue to promote equality and diversity and always consider the health and wellbeing and the work-life balance of our people.
- We aim to empower our people; we will consult and provide two-way communication for all matters right across the firm.
- We will recognize individual contributions and reward our people fairly. Our aim is to offer our people a full and satisfying career so they can be the ultimate professionals in Global Real Estate.
The policies that help to underpin and support our Corporate Social Responsibility Policy are:
- Sustainability Strategy
- Diversity Policy
- Equal Employment Opportunities Policy
- Flexible Working Policy
- Anti-Harassment Policy
- Maternity, Paternity, Adoption & Parental Leave